You want to maximize your retirement fund and have heard about self-directed IRA, but how do you get started? First things first, a self-directed IRA is a variation on a traditional or Roth IRA where you can hold alternative investments, including real estate, other businesses, and even precious metals that regular IRAs can’t own. In general, self-directed IRAs are available only through specialized firms that offer self-directed IRA custody services. In today’s episode, we will discuss how to open a self-directed IRA with the guidance of Kaaren Hall, CEO of uDirect IRA Services, LLC.
Kaaren discovered a strategic way to put her 20+ years in mortgage banking, real estate, and property management to use. The solution was an untapped market for both her skills and for investors – self-directed IRAs. Through uDirect IRA, she has guided tens of thousands of Americans through the process of diversifying their investments using self-directed IRAs. Stay tuned and learn more about investing in alternative assets to grow your retirement account.
“It does not have to be complicated. The process is open, fund, invest.”
– Kaaren Hall
In This Episode:
– How do you transition from traditional and ROTH IRA to self-directed IRA
– Investing in alternative assets
– What is a non-recourse loan
– Prohibited transactions and disqualified persons per IRC 4975
– How can you cover a shortfall and other expenses
– The Due Diligence of knowing who you’re investing in
– Why you need an exit strategy
– Asset classifications
– The different IRA worlds
Connect with Kaaren Hall and her company:
Connect with Sharran: